Branding Yourself Online
5 efficient ways to do it
In this age of advanced technology, online branding becomes very important. Not just business brand; a personal brand is as crucial. It may affect how your future employers, old friends and possible dates see you. These are 5 efficient ways to brand yourself online:
- Figure out your own personal brand. What you want is to show a real person that is you. Focus on your positive and unique qualities. What are your strengths and passions? What makes you unique and interesting? With these lists at hand, you won’t stray off in the middle of the process of creating your personal brand.
- Determine your target audience. It’s like the business branding; you’re trying to “sell” yourself, so offer the right “stuffs” to the right people. Who needs to see your personal brand? Which kinds of people’d be interested in what you have to offer? Knowing your target audience will help you put the contents of your personal brand properly and orderly.
- Put yourself on social medias. If your old or current accounts won’t do, create a new one for each social media. Post things that show your true characteristics and qualities, which people’d buy. Most people look up on popular social medias, like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Have your own blog. Make ways where people can find you online.
- Stay available and active on your social medias. Keep your accounts up dated regularly; make people notice what you’re up to. If you created profiles and just let them be, people wouldn’t look up on you anymore. That’ll reflect on your personality as well.
- Interact with others. Be a member of forums or blogs and be active there. Follow certain people’s Facebook or Twitter. Let people know that you’re informed and you care about things. Make the communication happen both ways. Having good relations online helps with your personal brand.